if the sun dies, would the moon die too?

52 Answers

Relevance
  • No, but our planet certainly would.

• 1 year ago

No, since there is no life on the moon, how could it die?

• 1 year ago

yes If the sun dies, would the moon die too

Attachment image
  • 1 year ago

there is no life on the moon to die... but ALL LIFE AS WE KNOW IT WOULD DIE...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

The Sun has a limited life. Before it runs out of energy it will expand and will roast some of the planets including the Earth. That will happen in many millions of years from now. Forget how many. The Moon has no light of its own and merely reflects light but not heat from the Sun. The Moon is dead now.

• 1 year ago

when sun is going to die,creates a lot of gravity and pulls earth and moon towards herself, when earth or moons approach sun, huge heat melts everything and all of us are going to die.

• 1 year ago

I won't be there to see it and neither will you but i believe the disrupted gravitational pull will bring moon towards the earth and bang... The moon will be hit by a car and die.

• 1 year ago

The moon is already dead. The sun "going out" wouldn't affect it unless the sun also lost all it's mass. If there was no solar mass, nothing in our solar system would have anything to orbit around except other planets.

• 1 year ago

we will roast then get frozen either way

• 1 year ago

If the sun dies, not only will the moon die But so will you.

so will i

so will your dog

your mom

your cat.

• rpilla0011 year agoReport

heck no, not my dog. The sun can take all the cats in can feed on, but best not mess with my dog.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.