why do some people disagree with abortion?

it's a woman's right to choose what to do with her body, with her foetus. Abortion isn't wrong or murder. what if the woman was raped. why should she have a constant reminder of rape and giving the baby away would be heart-breaking for her. babies aren't alive until after the months when abortion is illegal so it's not murder

98 Answers

Relevance
  • sophia
    Lv 4
    1 year ago

because an abortion is the taking of a human life. BTW I'm pro choice so I'm just telling you why they disagree with it.

• Joseph
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

It's alive and it's human, thus it's human life, plain and simple.

• Nick
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

Let me tell you something: my mom gave me life. Imagine If she had to choose? I'd probably be dead. I'm pro-life. Abortion is murder.

• Al
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Abortion is justified because man thinks the life force is not inside that child until a certain point, truth is, nobody really knows for sure, so it becomes a selfish act to make a self determination to serve your own interest, Murder is murder is murder no matter how you justify it, a child is an individual, the potential to be some great in life, snuffed out because the circumstances that brought him or her into this world was not convenient for you, that child is not evil because something evil was done too you, but yet you would do an evil thing yourself because you can't rise above adversity and make something good out of a bad situation? isn't that what life is about?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Because too much tax money goes to the abortion mill ironically named "Planned Parenthood". How much is "too much"? ANY. If a woman chooses to have an abortion, SHE should pay for it.

• 1 year ago

I WILL NOT AGREE WITH IT AS SOON AS THE MALE ALSO HAS THE RIGHT TO SAY GET ONE BECAUSE HE DOESNT WANT A KID OR HAVE TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT...

THE MALE HAS NO CHOICE...

EVEN if a female says she does not want support.... MANY STATES LIKE CALI will say its the LAW YOU GOT TO PAY WEATHER SHE wants it or not...

• Lv 4
      1 year agoReport

YES MALES **DO** HAVE A CHOICE YOU IGNORANT PIECE'A SHH!T. EITHER ABSTAIN, GET CUT OR WEAR A FFKKING CONDOM. IF YOU WANT A SAY IN A WOMAN'S PREGNANCY THEN ONLY HAVE SEX WITHIN THE CONFINES OF MARRIAGE. ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU SCUM PIGS USED TO TELL WOMEN?? GO FFKK YOURSELF!!!

• 1 year ago

The Golden Rule, formulated by Jesus Christ:

Whatever you want men to do to you, you must likewise do to them.

Would you choose to be aborted, to be deprived of the opportunity to live a life?

• Big Mama
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

I suppose you could ask the same question to viruses once you've got a viral infection like HIV. I bet they'd all answer no to that question.

• 1 year ago

Some people understand the need to determine how best to protect the innocent and the vulnerable. Babies and children are deemed worthy of special legal protection because it is ethical for mature, responsible people, to guard them against exploitation and harm.

This is illustrated by a recent development in Britain. The head of the Royal College of Midwives (RCM) pledged the union's support for a campaign to change the law on abortion. This would be to allow abortion up to birth for ANY reason. Large numbers of Midwives were outraged at her presumption. Almost 60% of women in Britain favor a reduction in the time-limit for abortion, not an increase in it!

Medical ethics expert Dr Peter Saunders said, "It is bitterly ironic that the RCM, the supposed champion of safe childbirth and antenatal care, should be backing a campaign seeking to legalise the killing of unborn children up until birth. It is even more extraordinary that their chief executive, who also chairs British Pregnancy Advisory Service [which is campaigning for this change], should be spearheading this initiative without apparently even consulting her membership. It is an extraordinary abuse of power."

More than 8 million abortions were performed in Britain since 1967, till 2011. Less than 2% were to save the mother’s life. 98% were for social reasons. It is estimated that 30% of pregnancies in Europe end in abortion, only a tiny fraction being to save the mother's life. Then we get billions spent in Europe trying to help women conceive! Abortion is an issue gone ethically mad.

Christians are deeply concerned at the erosion of ethics in modern society; with regard to abortion, that took off shortly after abortion legislation loopholes were used to 'deal with' unwanted pregnancies (from the 1960s). Now we see abortion used by very many people as merely another form of contraception - except that another human life has already been conceived. Nowadays, around 1 in 5 pregnancies ends in abortion.

To deliberately kill a helpless, innocent life-form raises the question of murder. The baby, once born, can be adopted. Why should it die because its mother was raped? That means the rapist has almost destroyed one life and the damaged person has then absolutely destroyed another innocent life.

24 hours after fertilization, that human egg cell is biologically genetically complete as a human being in embryo form! This is a living organism which is biologically considered as a 'whole', with all the philosophical and theological meaning that this entails. It is biologically defined as a living organism that is 'whole'. A biological organism entails an organization of the participant, cooperative and interdependent elements in an overarching unity which forms a harmonious whole. This means that a living biological organism is an entity with an integrated, self-developing and self-maintaining organized communion which retains in both space and time a wholeness which precedes and produces its organic parts. A biological living organism is not merely a sum of biochemical reactions; it is a dynamic and organized collection of interdependent, coherent functional cells and structures which coordinate all their integrated functions for the sake of, and from within, this whole organism.

'Wholeness' in this sense represents the totality of the person; that nothing from within has been taken out and that nothing is missing from an inherent or intrinsic perspective. A 'wholeness' cannot be reduced to mere biology and it relates, as well, to the notion of individuality and 'oneness'. Already from the one-cell stage (24 hours after fertilization), the early human embryo shows all the properties of an organism. We are talking about a whole and living member of the species, Homo sapiens. It is a being that never loses its wholeness throughout its life. Science confirms that a one-celled embryo is already an organism and continues as an organism in its subsequent development.

• Jonathan1 year agoReport

Personally i don't fully understand all the words you said and all you were try to tell us but i think i got the gist of it. So thank you for sharing your opinion as well as, from what i can tell, some interesting facts of abortion. Hope you have a nice day.

• 1 year ago

ABORTION MOST CERTAINLY IS MURDER, THAT BABY FROM THE TIME OF CONCEPTION HAS A HEARTBEAT YOU STUPID IDIOT

• Burd1 year agoReport

How come when people kill people in wars it's not murder? I think the biggest part is if someone is raped, and then they get pregnant. Or if someone really young gets raped and they get pregnant. For example if a 15 year old girl got pregnant from rape.

• 1 year ago

Life begins at conception... so therefore it is murder.. case closed.. but I do believe we should not take away someones ability to get an abortion if they so choose, it was determined in Roe vs. Wade so just because I don't believe in it women should still have that right..

• Olive Garden
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

So help me God, says the constitution. Life in a fertilized zygote... countries that abort their future citizens are now saddled with their immigrants adjusting problems.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.