Have you ever lost a pet?

My dog Rover, passed away almost 3 years ago and not a day goes by that I don't miss his cute face and the way he would comfort me when I was sad.

Too many over my 65+ years. Many friends/relatives/parents/sibling as well. No one is immortal death comes to everyone, just that no one knows when that will be. The progression of death begins the moment life is conceived.

Sorry for your loss, if you find you're having difficulty functioning in your day to day life, seek professional help for yourself, such as therapy, psychiatrist/psychologist and/or medication and remember the good times, memories never fade but life goes on until it is your time.

Yes, I've had many pets, dogs and cats who saddly passed away, it's part and parcel of having a pet unfortunately.

Yes, I have. Lots of them. I have rescued large & extra large dogs for about 50 yrs & I have a large pet cemetery in my back yard for maybe 30 or 40 dogs. I gave each & every one their last forever home & they died or was euthanized as they aged. There are only 3 or 4 that were something special & the rest were just dogs.

I know it is much harder on you cause you have only had that one dog & now that it is gone there is a big void in your home.

Some people go out & get another dog/puppy. Some people feel it would be wrong to go out & get a new dog/puppy so soon after the loss of one dog.

Lost my heart-dog, Hank, 6 months ago. He was the best dog I've ever known. Life is not the same without him and every day is harder without him here.

• Jojo

Yes, I have owned many dogs and have had to face many deaths of them.

I remember them all with great affection.

Especially my "once in a lifetime "special lad who was the love of my life.

I have his ashes .

Time is a great healer, though.

I have lost 3, and each one was harder than the last.

get another pet. maybe a bird

Cat died in 2012. Still have a picture of him as my unlock screen since.