Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 year ago

How do some wealthy people not feel bad for buying excessively large homes and expensive luxury items?

Do they not have a conscience? I don't understand how someone can be that greedy when there are many people living in poverty around the world.

62 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Because if they’ve worked hard for it, then they’ve earned that. I don’t get why being rich automatically makes someone a bad person, unless you’re someone who’s embittered by those who are better off financially than you. In that case, you really need to evaluate your line of thinking, instead of being judgmental.

• 1 year ago

In this country it's too much of people pushing each other away so that each person is the one that gets the ball. It's like fighting over one basketball, and yet there's enough for everyone to go around.

• Should they feel bad that they bought a big house? No, they should not. Just that they contribute nothing after having greatness. Akon the rapper Channeled his wealth into lighting up Africa, so not everyone is greedy necessarily.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

They've never known any better

• Joseph
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

If they worked hard for it, why in the world would they feel guilty about it? Ever study hard for a good grade? Did you feel guilty about that good grade?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Zhu
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

They want to show off. They want to compete in showing off with other richies. And yes, many of them are sociopathic to some degree and have zero consciences. Or mis-educated consciences.

Think about Mitt Romney and the hundreds of cars he owns, far more than he can drive.

• 1 year ago

Do you have a house? food to eat? clothes to wear?. Since you've internet so i assume you have all these three.

Now THINK, how many people in the world exist without those things. For them, the things YOU have are extremely luxurious items. I don't know whether this is hypocrisy or not but i'll say you cannot criticize other people based on their standard of living while your's are high as well. People live at their highest standard according to their income. Just because you earn less than some people, doesn't give you the right to criticize them.

• 1 year ago

Yes for example Kim Kardashian buys a $3000.00 piece of clothing for her kid.

How many poor people would that feed perhaps a small village you think!!

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Is that like asking why are people different? Everyone's value system is unique. Therefore, some don't care what they spend on anything.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Considering most of them worked their whole life for that wealth, they want people to know how much they have, they want to feel “socially accepted” and admired. You can’t blame them, that’s really impressive. I myself make less than 18K yearly so I’m nowhere near those guys but I admire them and it inspires me to do better.

Others are given everything and don’t have the understanding of money management, they buy extravagant property to flaunt their fathers/ mothers wealth. They have no sympathy for the lower class in society, they have no idea what it’s like being down on your last bit of cash and not knowing whether to buy food or pay your electric bill, not knowing what it’s like to have red numbers in the bank. You can’t feel for something you don’t understand or can’t relate to. If they do it’s called living a lie.

So most of them probably do feel for us, they know what it’s like, but they may also see us as lazy and stuff. Don’t let it bother you buddy.

• 1 year ago

I guess wealthy people are seeking security in their lives, by owning a home and having nice things. If poor people suddenly became wealthy, they would do the same.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.