Matt asked in HealthOptical · 2 years ago

Can I go to a place like LensCrafters to get my prescription glasses adjusted that I bought somewhere else?

Maybe. Traditionally, optical shops and optometry offices have adjusted glasses for free for everyone. The assumption was that they adjusted their patients glasses for free. Sometimes you adjusted glasses for someone else's patients and sometimes someone else adjusted glasses for your patients. It all pretty much worked out in the end. However, as glasses sales online have become more common, this does not work well anymore. People buy glasses online. They get a great price because they are not paying for any service. When they try to get service elsewhere, it is unfair. If not many patients are doing this, it just slips through the cracks. As more people do it, optical shops develop policies to prevent it.

• ?

You should call them to be sure but you should be able to do that.

Yes.