Why does my laptop have such low memory even when I deleted almost every file?

I have no music, no files, documents or photos, I deleted all of it and put it on a USB flash drive or emailed some of ti to myself. And my laptop is showing it has low memory! Why? This is a Lenovo laptop and maybe an 'ideapad', it costs $350. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I do not do any serious... show more I have no music, no files, documents or photos, I deleted all of it and put it on a USB flash drive or emailed some of ti to myself. And my laptop is showing it has low memory!
Why? This is a Lenovo laptop and maybe an 'ideapad', it costs $350. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I do not do any serious work on my laptop. Just some school work, on powerpoint or Microsoft word and internet browsing.
I deleted all my files and it's showing low space, like 143MB of 27.8GB left, Why? I'm confused?
Update: I literally deleted everything, I have like 3 Microsoft word documents and it's not a huge file...
Update 2: YES, that's what I find odd, I DID EMPTY the Recycle Bin.
Update 3: YES I EMPTIED THE RECYCLE BIN.
Update 4: @starrysky, You’re right, it sounds like it just has low memory to begin with..and also it could be because it’s be windows 10 and takes lots of memory
Update 5: I don’t know why you would think that I would ask this question. Without first checking if I emptied the recycle bin.
Update 6: @Charlie thanks, I got it from Best Buy! Yes it sounds like I got a low memory one.