Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 year ago

I haven’t ever shaved my pubic hair (male)?

I’m a 17 year old and I’ve never shaved my pubic hair. I was talking to some people today and they told me they do it all the time? Should I? And obviously it’s long so how should I go about shaving it?

1 year ago

Maybe just "trim" the hair down so it's flat but not long and bushy.

People are meant to have pubic hair because it protects their skin from contracting dirt or unwanted bacteria but many people with pubic hair that are sexually active end up getting crab lice.

Crab lice can be caught on toilet seats, wearing other people's clothes or sleeping in other people's beds so don't think "Oh I have crabs, I must be dirty".

1 year ago

Shave it I've been shaving my pubic since i was 12.

1 year ago

Try it- you might like it, but if you don't the hair will grow back.

1 year ago

Don't do anything to it just leave it alone.

• J. c
      1 year agoReport

^ Never gets laid by women obviously! Nasty! Trim that shyt!

• 1 year ago

Keep it, trust me...

Girls like it

• Christopher
      1 year agoReport

Guys like pubic hair too, except for guys who like little boys or girls

1 year ago

Very few guys shave their pubes, most guys prefer to look like a man, not a pre pube boy. Most guys shave once and they don't ever do it again. If you have lots of other body hair, like abdominal and chest hair as well, shaving the pubes would look weird too unless you shave everything. No benefit to shaving at all. Just trim the pubes neatly if too long.

• Alain1 year agoReport

I shaved it once when I was 17 and looked like a pre-pubescent boy & was totally embarrassed in the gym shower. It itched like hell as it grew back. Never again.

• 1 year ago

silly and dangerous

• Kat
    1 year ago

Trim it, if you must, but don't shave. It will itch.... From a female perspective, I am fine with my husband's hair. It's what separates men from boys.

• edward
    1 year ago

How? To shave it...cut them as short as possible with scissors then carefully use a razor, go with the grain and don’t use the same one on your face as your pubic area. Electric razors are easier to use but they are trickier to get all the hair with. Also shaving should only be done if you are a competitive swimmer and you need to be hairless

• 1 year ago

NEVER SHAVE IT.. just trim it.... the best advice ever