Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 2 years ago

How to heal dry, burning, itchy skin after too many hot showers?

I've got red bumps all over me and they sting like heck when I walk about. I believe the culprit is hot showers and too much soap. How can I heal this skin and get it back to normal?

I highly suggest seeing a dermatologist. It’s not the showers by themselves but a combination of too much drying soap and hot ester removing the natural oils from your skin.

Stop taking long hot showers and cool down with colder water before exiting the shower. Dry yourself with a towel, stay away from body sprays, powders and lotiins until you have been seen. If your having an allergic reaction to the soap for instance showering more frequently will make your symptoms worse.

Your condition could be from overshowering and stripping the oils etc from your body or it could be from an allergic reaction to soap or something your body has come in contact with, it could even be from eating something so following up on with your doctorwill answer your questions. They can tell you what is safe to use on your skin that will not irritate it further.

• Tavy

Aloe Vera will cool you down.

• Cammie

Always finish your shower with a short cool rinse.

Bumps sound weird. Go see doctor.