How much to charge for portraits?

I am a landscape photographer and normally I decline anyone who asks for portrait work. However, a lot of people have been asking me lately and every time I tell them I don't do portraits, it seems to really upset them. So much in fact that I've already been losing friends/acquaintances over it. I... show more I am a landscape photographer and normally I decline anyone who asks for portrait work.
However, a lot of people have been asking me lately and every time I tell them I don't do portraits, it seems to really upset them. So much in fact that I've already been losing friends/acquaintances over it.

I don't consider myself a professional, but am very good at what I do and have all the necessary equipment to carry out quality photos. This is why I am unsure what to charge and thought I'd see what others have done when starting out in this genre. It's not something I want to pursue all the time as I am happy doing landscapes, but would like to be prepared for when others do ask about it.
Update: You must have quite the ego to out right dismiss someone and rewrite your own perspective like that. Whether or not you believe it, the fact still remains true. If you're not going to be helpful, please move on to another question.
Update 2: The problem is that people know I am fully capable of shooting portraits, weddings and events. It's just that I choose not to. So when they ask me as a favor and I decline, it comes off as a rejection - Which they view as a negative thing. I think the over pricing idea is interesting; but how much to charge... show more The problem is that people know I am fully capable of shooting portraits, weddings and events. It's just that I choose not to. So when they ask me as a favor and I decline, it comes off as a rejection - Which they view as a negative thing. I think the over pricing idea is interesting; but how much to charge without it coming off as an insult is part of my question here.