Is Devon Celtic or Anglo Saxon?

I've been to Devon many many times and I've always felt that it was Anglo Saxon as it feels very English and people there always say that they're English. However a few people argue that it's actually Celtic and Devonians have completely forgotten about it. I did some research and Devon was annexed... show more I've been to Devon many many times and I've always felt that it was Anglo Saxon as it feels very English and people there always say that they're English. However a few people argue that it's actually Celtic and Devonians have completely forgotten about it. I did some research and Devon was annexed by the Anglo-Saxons into being an English county whilst Cornwall wasn't which is why their Celtic heritage is still there. People have also said,on the other hand, that Devon is Anglo Saxon because of the boundaries divided between then and Cornwall by the River Tamar. And the English Riviara is in Devon aswell. Devon just doesn't seem Celtic at all to me. So is it really still Celtic nowadays or is it Anglo Saxon?
10 answers 10