Should I look for a new job when work is becoming sparse?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

It's a good idea to watch for signs that work is drying up for your company, or your particular job. Like let's say you were workin on the Palm Treo (a cell phone) in the old days, saw that the iPhone was dominating, and that Google has just introduced Android. Even if you're paid well and have a high position, you should be looking for other work. Get out before being forced out.

• 1 year ago

It's not. Unemployment is at record lows

• Yes you should always be looking for work. Being employed makes you more likely to get another job.

• CROJ
    1 year ago

You may want to consider starting your own business or some kind of side hustle. For the whole recession I was never able to get a job, I only stayed afloat because I took what I was learning in college and started freelancing, I built up a decade of experience and real world knowledge of my work and people could come directly to me and I could charge what I wanted as long as I knew they could afford it. The world is now a really awful place when it comes to work, companies don't want to hire you and people think you're a bum if you're not working no matter how hard you want to work or do work. People will tell you to just get any job but will still judge you or look down on you if your job seems menial. Work is sparse all over because there are some people who enjoy knowing that they have and that you don't or that they can threaten to take what you have if you don't stay under their thumb. I hope you're in a good place with good people and have a good family who supports you in both your best and worst of times.

• 1 year ago

A plan B is always a good idea.

• 1 year ago

Yes

• 1 year ago

In which decade in the future do you expect that to occur, AnonnieGurl?

Please share!

• 1 year ago

Yes, yes of course and probably before it becomes sparse.

• 1 year ago

What do you mean "when work is becoming sparse?"

Unemployment is at 50 year lows. The economy is growing robustly at over 3.5% the last 2 quarters. 4.3 Million new jobs have been created in the last 22 months. We supposedly have 1 million more job listings than people to fill them.

Pretty much anybody with a pulse can find a job given these conditions.