How may I put a 2010 Nissan Murano in TPMS relearn mode, without external equipment?

I ask, because, the grounding wire, located adjacent to the OBD II port, used to put Nissans in TPMS relearn mode, is absent.

Any information, pertaining to any Nissan, regarding relearn mode would be greatly appreciated.

OBD2 code readers do not reset TPMS. There is a different and much more expensive computer that plugs into the OBD port that does that. Go to Big O or Firestone and ask them to do it for you. Big O did mine free and Firestone wanted $25. Unless you just installed new monitors, chances are your 2010 TPMS monitors' batteries are dying. The batteries are not replaceable. They are sealed into the monitor.

• Larry

Thank you for the video. I have viewed it previously, and am familiar with the procedure presented. However, my issue is the wire utilized for grounding is not present in my 2010 Murano; it is present in my 2007 Murano.

Apparently, Nissan made a change. I would like to know definitively what it was.

Try this video. If the car does not have a connector, you are SOL. You need to see a dealer or a mechanic with a dealer level scanner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H1AUsqMTWA

Youtube thumbnail