Many of my (now former) colleagues are reaching out after being let go. What does this indicate?

For one I'm overwhelmed by the compassion even though its not something I was wanting/expecting a ton of attention about. I understand there probably weren't a lot of details given to them as to why for them. Does this mean they re looking at management poorly and morale has gone down? Or just looking for... show more For one I'm overwhelmed by the compassion even though its not something I was wanting/expecting a ton of attention about. I understand there probably weren't a lot of details given to them as to why for them. Does this mean they re looking at management poorly and morale has gone down? Or just looking for gossip? Only a couple asked what happened and those ones are close to me.

Also, I recall when this has happened to 2 others in my company I personally didn't want to bring attention to it right when it happened so I avoided texting said person/saying anything on LinkedIn.