Did I talk to him in a friendly way yet as if he were inferior?

I sent an IM at work, "Hi Nathan!" He replied, "Hey." I asked him what he was working on. He just gave me the client. I replied since I do not like guessing what item # nor looking around for the answer, "Please always list the part for me when you refer to things you have done or are on,... show more I sent an IM at work, "Hi Nathan!" He replied, "Hey." I asked him what he was working on. He just gave me the client. I replied since I do not like guessing what item # nor looking around for the answer, "Please always list the part for me when you refer to things you have done or are on, ok?" And this was not the first time I told him. He sent, "Don't you patronize me!" I answered, "I am not patronizing you. I am asking you. Please."
On second thought, was I actually being patronizing? Was I at least speaking to him as if he is unintelligent or unimportant?
1 answer 1