Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 12 months ago

How would you interpret his statement?

"I'll be honest, you could be unattractive physically to others but you'll always be attractive to me" Is it a nice way of calling someone ugly or not that good looking?

Lol, I told him it sounded like a backhanded compliment and he claimed he didnt mean it like that

They are trying to give you a compliment

• MCM

No it just mean he likes u , but it does sound fucked up

it was MEANT to hurt you and make you insecure - so mission accomplished!

this ffkktard could have left out these words: "I'll be honest, you could be unattractive physically to others but" and ONLY SAID "you'll always be attractive to me" and maybe it might pass but really... "attractive" is such a LOW BAR.

he could say - "you're so pretty" or "i find you so sexy" but...

qualifying a compliment ERASES the compliment.

you either ARE or you AREN'T... no if, ands or standing on your head facing east while playing the fiddle.

You could have used that line to start a CONVERSATION.

You blew it.

What? It's a way of saying that although others may not consider you attractive, that person does. It's a way of saying "I find you to be attractive" or "I'm personally attracted to you."

• Dave

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Not everyone thinks or sees beauty the same.