HELP!!! Christmas 911?

A friend of the family bought my daughter and elf on the shelf. Gave it to her in the box and all (sigh) We already have and elf on the shelf and she knows that! grrrrr. But more importantly my daughter keeps asking me how or where she got the elf if they actually (are suppose) to come from the north pole from Santa. Very annoyed right now. Any suggestions for an explanation on how this "friend" came across this Packaged elf on the shelf

TIA

It sounds like your kid is just this side of figuring out the Santa thing.

I guess you could tell her that your friend “trapped” an elf for her? Or the elf was trying to play a trick on your friend and got stuck in the box?

Regardless, it sounds like your daughter might have this figured out pretty soon anyway.

We used to tell our son that the fairy on the Xmas tree tells Santa everything, then make things up from there, we even took our son to the tree to see the fairy when he was lying to us, and he would always be truthful in front of the fairy:-P

The elf was playing a prank on someone and couldn't get out of the box so your friend took it home to see if they could help it but the elf took a liking to the box and that is now where it lives.