Will Trump stick to his script tonight or will he veer off and start winging it?

Tonight is Trump's big televised pitch to the nation about the wall and the government shutdown.

Undoubtedly his aides have prepared a speech for him. Will he be able to stick to it (as he did during the first State of the Union address) or will he veer off and do his own thing (like his rallies)?

Looks like he stuck to the script the whole way through. I'm impressed!

• 1 year ago

You'll be able to tell by the number of awkward pauses. If he pauses a lot it's because he lost his place on the teleprompter and is waiting for someone to point it out to him. If he just rambles it means he's gone off script.

• 1 year ago

At least Trump can go off script and not sound like a gibbering idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyW9e5QdWxk

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=youtu.be

• Unlike the community organizer, he can think on his feet, he doesn't turn into a stuttering idiot without a script.

• 1 year ago

He will probably be able to stick to it since there is no immediate feed back from his disciples like at his rallies - no crowd to work. If he can't he is even more mentally unstable than I currently think.

• Never Trump
      1 year agoReport

Good thought. I didn't think about the absence of feedback affecting his performance...

• 1 year ago

If he goes off script he is screwed.

• Never Trump
      1 year agoReport

Yeah - that's why I think this speech is important. If he can't hold it together, he'll sink the wall beyond any hope of recovery.

1 year ago

It's only nine minutes so we might stick to the script. I think the bigger issue for Republicans is that Trump isn't a great salesman. I just don't see how this speech is going to convince anyone to change their opinions. The people who already love him are going to continue loving him and the people who don't like him probably aren't going to be swayed by whatever he has to say

• He does not need to be a salesman. I believe that he is just going to tell you how he is going to do it whether you like it or not. Just a guess.

• Bob
    1 year ago

I'd like to hear about is last golf game.

• Never Trump
      1 year agoReport

Here ya go. https://trumpgolfcount.com/

• Maybe he'll just talk about how low IQ black people are again. That seems to always energize his online fan club.

1 year ago

His dementia-riddled mind will go off topic after 5 minutes max.

• Never Trump
      1 year agoReport

Myself, I've got my nickel down on 10 minutes. But we'll see how it goes.