Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 year ago

If the wall won't work, why are Democrats against building it, why just not care if it's built?

Update:

Far more than 5 billion is spent on illegals each year Dems. Not a valid argument.

Update 2:

It's fine to use 5 billion because it will save 5 billion in costs for illegals in a month or less.

Update 3:

Why do you guys have no problem spending more than 5 billion on Somali welfare then ?

66 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Because there's no need to spend too much on walls. I think it's better that we start forming "North America Union" joining Mexico and Canada and make it all one country with one government and one President.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

They are not against building it.

They don't care if it is built and

if Mexico pays for it, up front and no money from the American Taxpayer.

They wont spend five cents on it, since Trump promised Mexico will pay for it, "100 percent",

So...

• 1 year ago

1. Campaign promises. Just as Trump needs his wall to be a "fulfillment" of a campaign promise (despite having also "promised" the Mexicans would pay for it), at the mid-terms the Democrats promised that they would never give Trump any money for his unnecessary wall. Who will be first to "break a promise"? The two promises are (for now) mutually exclusive.

2. Why spend 5,700 million dollars on something that will never pay for itself and will never accomplish whatever is its announced objective? Why not do something useful with it, like defeating ISIS or preventing other countries from dumping US dollars as their refuge currency (Russia is furiously buying Chinese Yuan as protection against market fluctuations).

3. Almost all "arguments" for the wall are obvious lies.

• 1 year ago

A wall does work, they just don't want one because it will keep their voters from entering. A border wall would cost between $10 and $25 billion to build and would reduce illegal immigration by 60% - 73%. The average yearly cost of illegal immigration is $120 billion. More than half of illegal immigrants are on welfare. A wall would help greatly in preventing illegal immigration and would reduce the annual cost of illegal immigration greatly.

• ...Show all comments
    • jakemcclake
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

John has written a fantasy here. Most notably that "they" don't want one (wall) because it will keep their voters from entering. I guess he believes "they" are Democrats? I'd like to know how we determined illegal aliens are voting & where.

Also, I belong to the "United" States. It "we".

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Because is my money. I want healthcare not a *****ing wall

• ...Show all comments
    • jakemcclake
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Yeah, I agree with blakeslay, that regardless of whether border security is the government's job, or governing healthcare is,

we are better off with the government concerned with healthcare, than a not too valuable wall, I am in favor of the ACA. Not a wall. Unless Mexico pays for it up front.

• 1 year ago

No reason - I think it is a silly idea but a neat one that would create a lot of jobs (granted at my expense) - but wouldn't it be neat to have a miniature "Great Wall of USA". Referring to China of course - regarded as the world's most impressive engineering endeavor.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Another brilliant question from a trump university grad

• Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Another ad hominem attack from a democrat who doesn’t have a valid logical point

• Mike L
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

It will cost them money they aren't willing to pay. Hit up that GoFundMe page to fund the wall. They're at almost 20 million. If they can raise 200 times that, they're getting close.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

why not throw 5 billion out the window. are you seriously conservative

• ...Show all comments
    • don
      Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

And obama wasted 2 trillion on QE and YOU SAID NOTHING. Obama gave 150 billion to Iran (treason) and YOU SAID NOTHING ! Your credibility is zero.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Because it costs $5 billion moron.

• ...Show all comments
    • Dirac
      Lv 4
      1 year agoReport

don, Obama didn't do QE at all, that's the Fed that does that. The money that Obama "gave...to Iran" was always Iran's money. You're a complete idiot.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.