Is it bad to dislike a massively successful film?

I always hated Titanic (1998) because of the fact people who liked the film and I guess the film does too, make the romance between DiCaprio and Winslet overshadow the actual disaster For example I cried at a film recently and I told my friend about it and she said 'I cried when Leo died in titanic' I... show more I always hated Titanic (1998) because of the fact people who liked the film and I guess the film does too, make the romance between DiCaprio and Winslet overshadow the actual disaster

For example I cried at a film recently and I told my friend about it and she said 'I cried when Leo died in titanic'

I kind of hate how that is what people think of when they think of Titanic

I have actually asked people what they think of when I mention titanic and I am amazed people say things like 'a tragic story about Leo and kate' and that to them the romance overshadows the actual disaster of the Titanic.

I personally prefer the 1950s version with Barbara Stanywck and Clifton Webb,

Is it bad to dislike a massively successful and popular film?