I don't trust my bf with dogs but he wanted one, so I gave him a puppy. I'm worried he might not take good care of it. Any advice?

I love dogs. Currently have 11 dogs, all living inside the house. I let them breed whenever they want and just sell the puppies at cost. My boyfriend has no experience with taking care of dogs. Even when he's at my house (we don't live together), all he does is play with them. But he's never helped me... show more I love dogs. Currently have 11 dogs, all living inside the house. I let them breed whenever they want and just sell the puppies at cost.

My boyfriend has no experience with taking care of dogs. Even when he's at my house (we don't live together), all he does is play with them. But he's never helped me clean up after them, he doesn't help me walk them, etc. I was fine with it, because I know he's not THAT into dogs anyway.

But 2 months ago, when my Mini Pinscher was pregnant, he was so excited and kept telling me he wanted a puppy. Of course, I caved in and said I'll give him one.

HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT DOGS. When I was explaining to him all about vaccines, deworming, special dog food, foods that trigger skin rashes, etc, he was surprised that there were so many things he didn't know. But still, he wanted to have a puppy.

I was giving him many reminders today and he said I gotta relax because he'll take care of her just fine.

I'M WORRIED. Is it bad that I feel this way? I trust him with so many other things, except for taking care of a PUPPY. Am I overreacting?

Also, I need advice about:
- How do I deal with my trust issue?
- How can I give him gentle reminders about caring for the dog, without sounding like I'm nagging?
Update: Those who answered my question just to bash me for letting my dogs breed are just plain stupid. Do you all think I don't have the COMMON SENSE to not allow different breeds to procreate? I don't keep siblings or descendants dogs. Exactly because they might interbreed. Excuse me. My family is part of the... show more Those who answered my question just to bash me for letting my dogs breed are just plain stupid. Do you all think I don't have the COMMON SENSE to not allow different breeds to procreate? I don't keep siblings or descendants dogs. Exactly because they might interbreed.

Excuse me. My family is part of the national canine association in my country. We are not fxcking stupid.