Jeffrey asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 year ago

Which is more likely to be true?

"“If left unchecked, the damage caused by climate change will cause untold human suffering and significant damage to the U.S. economy,” Schumer wrote to Trump on Dec. 6." OR

"“If left unchecked, the damage caused by illegal immigration will cause untold human suffering and significant damage to the U.S. economy,” Schumer wrote to Trump on Dec. 6.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Hi there. I fùcked your mom in the áss and made your dad watch. You fággot.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

You are a terrorist

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Who said what is irrelevant because the truth is:

The statement about immigration is more relevant because the immigration issue is CURRENT and without intervention right now, it will have negative effects on the USA's future.

Whereas, the climate has been changing from freezing to warming for two billion years and it will continue it's pattern, with or without the human race on this earth.

The negative effects of illegal immigration will be felt long before global climate change happens.

• 1 year ago

-

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • JimZ
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Chuck you Shumer wouldn't write that about illegal immigration because those are illegal Democrats he would be talking about. He said something similar when B. Hussein was in charge but he knew nothing would be done about it so they were empty words and lies.

The stupidity of some people amazes me. The government tells them to be afraid of a degree or two of warming and to give up their money and freedom for it and we have a bunch of dim witted morons eager to do it. Then they tell them that opening your borders to anyone that wants to come is good for you and they buy that as well. There really doesn't seem to be too much that these bozos won't fall for.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Both are accurate

• 1 year ago

Is the question about what Schumer wrote or about which statement is more likely to be true?

Since I don't know how to Google Schumer without referring to the letter, I will have to answer about which statement is more likely to be true.

Both statements are true.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

We don't have to worry what is "more likely", we know what Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer wrote, the letter is published. It reads in part...

"Dear President Trump:

In the wake of the administration’s release of the Fourth National Climate Assessment report and some of the most devastating wildfires and hurricanes the US. has ever seen, it is crucial that we immediately enact legislation to combat climate change and create millions of jobs. Therefore, any infrastructure package considered in 2019 must include policies and funding to transition to a clean energy economy and mitigate the risks that the United States is already facing due to climate change.

Climate change is real, caused by humans, and its impacts are already being felt in communities across the country. The administration’s recent National Climate Assessment report laid out in detail many of the risks of climate change, which will only worsen if we do not dramatically reduce emissions. If left unchecked, the damage caused by climate change will cause untold human suffering and significant damage to the US. economy.

Fortunately, there are steps we can take in an infrastructure package in the 1 16th Congress to combat climate change, modernize the electric grid, and build more resilient communities. Below are just a few of the policies that can and should be included in any infrastructure package in the next Congress:"

I left the rest out, and if you are interested to read the whole letter for yourself, the pdf is available on-line.

• S
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

climate change is worldwide, the USA/Mexico border is local.

• Dirac
    Lv 4
    1 year ago

Clearly the first one is more likely to be true. In fact, the evidence is that illegal immigration does not hurt the U.S. economy at all, it helps it, and most of the suffering comes from it being illegal. Frankly, many undocumented aliens fill jobs that Americans will not do. How do I know this? I've hired Americans to do such jobs and they've walked away.

KaleyK says that "The federal government is NOT responsible for fixing global climate problems", okay then KaleyK, who IS responsible for fixing global climate problems? Who do you recommend? Let's take an extreme example, suppose that we know, beyond a reasonable doubt, that climate change must be addressed in the next 20 years or everyone on the planet dies. What would you do?

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

it is about time you Americans made a contribution and stop ignoring that world weather patterns are changing

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.