Atheists if God isn't real then who created this universe you see around you?

Do you think nothingness gives off free cookies?

who says it's a "who"? If theists believe God can be eternal and not have a beginning, then why couldn't the universe be eternal and why does it need a beginning?? maybe its always been here

No. But the Cookie Monster would turn the cookies INTO nothingness!

COOOOKIEEEE..!!!

• Doc

If god can come from nothing, then so can the rest of the universe. Why should there be double standards for him?

• Mike G

Why does there need to be a "who"?

If God created the universe, who created God?

In quantum gravity theory, tiny spacetime's can pop in and out of existence spontaneously any time without a cause out of nothingness. This is the way quantum physics works.

• they know it's God, dear, but they have to lie to themselves to believe the delusion they've chosen to accept, which requires much mental gymnastics from the atheists, dear.

I don't know how the universe came to be, but that doesn't mean I am going to attribute it a "god", least ways not without any reliable testable evidence to back up such a claim.

Why are YOU so afraid to say "I don't know"?

People thought god was behind rain and tides and lightning and rivers and planets and stars before we understood their natural origins. I see no reason why the universe won't also have a natural origin.

I don't know how the universe started. I don't think anyone created it There are plenty of explanations that don't require invoking a magical deity. We can explain the origins of life and the universe with natural explanations. God is a bad theory.

But...didn't your god start with nothingness?

Charlie: Where did this concept or word, or your god for that matter, exist if there was no universe for it to exist in? I guess you don't understand what nothingness is.

• Charlie

No in the beginning was the word. It starts with some kind of concept.