Prince
Prince asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 year ago

Isn't the Commander in Chief interested in seeing that Coast Guard personnel get paid regardless of the civilian politix?

• 1 year ago

He is Commander in Chief of our military forces. The Coast Guard is not part of that, they are under the Department of Homeland Security. Different pots of money.

• Prince
      1 year agoReport

So technically he's off the hook like everything else. Off the hook. What an inspiring leader.

• Chris
    1 year ago

I wouldn't care that the Coast Guard wasn't really my responsibility as POTUS because technically belongs to Department of Homeland Security. After all, what's Homeland Security to the POTUS. I would be a David in Hebron with my MEN. An Alexander in the field with my MEN. How many little boys get to play Hero for four years leading the mighty military might of the United States. How weeny is Trump to squander the opportunity to make millions of wonderful friends. Guess the Crooked Old Poop is just too decrepit and old to think of it.

• Cousin
    1 year ago

If I were a Billionaire and had the honour to be President for four years this late in life, I would be thinking about what I could do to serve the People of the United States. I'd go into Puerto Rico and North Carolina after the hurricane and flood with military personnel as Commander in Chief and I'd set up tents and military hospitals and generators and get the lights back on for people. You would think that the country was poor and didn't have any of those things but now tell me how prepared for War we must be that he couldn't do Jack. Then the Border. Man, if I commanded men on the scale he does, men ready to go into hell and fight and build ANYTHING it took to WIN a War, plus having the Army Corps of Engineers, I wouldn't ask Congress for a DAMN thing for a while. I would have tested what my military could build at the Border to see if we could get it done. I would have dipped into my BILLIONS as well as sell warehouses of surplus to pay the Coast Guard WHOEVER'S jurisdiction!

• 1 year ago

republicans have already put a bill to pay everyone during the shutdown

democrats voted against it and said, no way were gonna let you pay them

• 1 year ago

Peslois fault...

• 1 year ago

Neither house leader is in reality, He is just going along it seems.

• Kevin
    1 year ago

I think he should just declare a national emergency, and be done with it. Tired of dealing with insane liberals, who don't know what they want.

• 1 year ago

It was Democrats who blocked the bill to pay the Coast Guard.