Hi if I disconnect my gas cooker and replace it with electric dose the gas supply need capping off as well or is it fine just disappointed?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

What has the gas line have to do with a DOSE?

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Oh for g sake, get an expert in like a Gas Plumber and Electrician. I can see you blowing yourself up.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Always good to cap an unused gas pipe. In Britain it is illegal for anyone who is not a "Gas Safe" registered professional engineer to do anything to a gas supply, not even to remove a hob.

• 2 years ago

Should be a shut off, you want that closed and a cap, both.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

the gas supply would need to be turned off outside the house [unless it also supplies your boiler/furnace] and the line to the kitchen properly capped by the gas company

• 2 years ago

There should be a On/Off flow valve on the gas line, turn the valve stem to crossways to shut off fuel supply.

If no valve the fuel supply shut be turned off at the sourse and the line capped.

Source(s): Gen. Contractor since the beginning of time.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

You need to cap off the gas supply, absolutely. Leaving it uncapped will (not may) lead to explosions.

• Joe
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

You'll close the cut-off valve, of course, but that's not enough.

You'll want to cap the line to keep debris out, against future need, and to prevent your death in the event the cut-off valve fails.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

a all-steel safety cap would be best .........................................

• 2 years ago

Yes, you would need to contact your gas provider.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.