Is it wrong to ask one of my bridesmaids to cut her hair if I’m paying to get their hair done?

I have 3 bridesmaids, they’re my 2 sisters and my fiance’s younger sister Jess. My sisters have hair that reaches their bra strap. Jess on the other hand has incredibly long hair, I believe it’s mid thigh. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s near her knees as it’s been a while since I have seen her hair down. It’s very... show more I have 3 bridesmaids, they’re my 2 sisters and my fiance’s younger sister Jess. My sisters have hair that reaches their bra strap. Jess on the other hand has incredibly long hair, I believe it’s mid thigh. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s near her knees as it’s been a while since I have seen her hair down. It’s very well kept hair, it’s very soft and very shiny. I want my bridesmaids to look similar. I wanted them to have their hair down and curled but Jess’ hair is far too long to do that with. Is it wrong to ask Jess to a couple of inches off her hair?
In the UK the bride and groom pay for dress, hair, shoes, etc. I know when Jess got married, she asked me to not dye my hair a bright colour before her wedding as she didn’t want me to stand out in the pictures. Is this not the same thing? I haven’t asked her yet, my fiancé thinks I shouldn’t ask her at all and just do something else with my bridesmaids’ hair.