Why are the smallest images printing pixelated?

I started making buttons so I put 20 different designs on one sheet in photoshop, scaling images down that are all at least 800x800 and fitting only a 1inch button, but some of them come out pixelated around the edges! Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Sometimes even one design will print out ok but then next time look terrible. I’ve tried going over with blur and it makes them worse. Any ideas? Using a laser printer printing from PDFs.

its your dpi settings. when you go smaller, the pixels become bigger.. the higher the dpi the better...

What happens is that you try to put the same amount of detail into fewer pixels.

• keerok

Make sure DPI is at least 300 then resize to 1x1 inch.

• Is your page dpi high enough? If it's set at 72 dpi, no matter how high res the images are to begin with - when you scale them down - you scale out the information. Make sure the page is 300 dpi.

Do you need to print from a pdf? There's a chance that there is a setting in there that lowers the resolution or compresses the images or something.

Are these all bitmap images? If not - consider doing this in Illustrator and just living in a completely vector world.