Can somebody give me a short explenation of what Game of Thrones is all about?

Without spoiling to much please.

I am considering starting to watch it, but i hardly know anything about it, other then that i have been told that it is good and that i should watch it.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago
    Best answer

The series is set in the fictional world of Westeros. Around 20 years ago there was a civil war. The mad king, Aerys Targareyan, was overthrown. He was killed by Jaime Lannister, who was the head of his personal guard. The leader of the civil war, Robert Baratheon, ascended to the throne of Westeros. He married Cersei Lannister, Jaime's sister (the Lannisters were one of the richest families in the kingdom and provided financial assistance to the rebellion) and they had three children.

Time passed. The kingdom was fairly stable. However, Aerys had two children who escaped. His son, Viserys, has given his sister Danerys to a foreign warlord in exchange for the warlord's help in retaking the throne for himself. In Westeros, Robert's advisor has died under mysterious circumstances, presumed murdered. He goes to Lord Eddard Stark, who was his second in command during the rebellion, and asks him to take the advisor's place and get to the bottom of the mysterious death. Meanwhile, to the north, there are rumors of an ancient foe, the White Walkers, who have passed into legend and are used as stories to frighten children, but they may be returning. All of these set a series of events into motion that lead to rebellion, war and more.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

A medieval show about war

• Jim
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

It is in the title. It is a show about noble families who fall in and out of power in a mythical place filled with magic. To make it interesting there is no weapons of the modern era.

• 9 months ago

It follows the politics, wars and power struggles between various kingdoms of Westeros and other people and powers within them. There are strong fantasy elements too with magic and mysteries.

It is a really good show if you're into the genre and I do recommend it. Though it is a very dark and violent story. It can be a little complicated at first, but over time you'll pick up on things just fine and learn who's who and what's what.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

It's based in medieval time when Kingdoms ruled. There are different kingdoms and it follows the characters of these different kingdoms all ruled by one. It's a really good show but definitely rated R, lots of sex and violence. It's worth watching.

• Sebastijan
      Lv 6
      9 months agoReport

Well, i am 30 years old. So the rating should not bother me that much.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.