Boyfriend hasnt got ne anything for valentines?

So me and my boyfriend are long distance and we saw eachother before valentines and i suggested to go for a meal for valentines which we did and we went halves on it. I decided to surprise him with a google home mini for valentines but he said he was going to get me a baseball cap because he accidentally lost mine... show more So me and my boyfriend are long distance and we saw eachother before valentines and i suggested to go for a meal for valentines which we did and we went halves on it. I decided to surprise him with a google home mini for valentines but he said he was going to get me a baseball cap because he accidentally lost mine which he was borrowing which i kind of thought was a bit of a thoughtless present but i ended up not getting it anyway. I dont know how to tell him that i just want to feel appreciated on valentines instead of just ignoring it because whenever my friends ask me what we did for valentines i get too embarrassed to say that i got nothing and then have to listen to their romantic valentines storys. What do i do?
2 answers 2