jack asked in TravelAsia PacificKorea · 9 months ago

I am Korean, but what do Americans think of Koreans?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

depends. Some of us enjoy kpop, so we know a little about the culture but mainly just music. Others are racist. From a personal standpoint I see you like any other human. Just look out, there are some who fetishize Koreans..

• 9 months ago

The women are hot .

• 9 months ago

i'm not american but i love south korea so much i travel there 2012,2013,2015 & 2016.

seoul, busan & jeju island. i loooooooove korean food, korean tv drama, movies and music (pop, folk & trot music). i love korean language i know very little bit of hangul.

korean people are nice and love the nature there and the shopping local markets.

subways are great & T money is very smart way to pay.

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Most don't really know anything about Korea or its people to begin with. They know practically nothing about Korean culture, Korean food, Korean history, the Korean language, not to mention Korea's politics and what it's like to live in Korea. Ask an American what he or she knows about Korea and you'll likely get responses like "bibimbap", "dog-meat", "Hyundai", "K-Dramas", "K-Pop", "KIA", "kim-chi", "the Korean War", "plastic surgery", "Samsung", things like that. Most have only a very vague view of Korea and Koreans, so why Koreans would care what they think has never made any sense to me. Do you think Americans care what people from Armenia or Bhutan or The Congo think of them? Half the time Americans don't even realise that there are other countries on this planet besides the USA. This lack of knowledge leads to stereotypes being prevalent, so even though less than 30% of American citizens hold a valid passport, they all spout the same nonsense with zero personal experience: all British have bad teeth, all French are rude, all Germans are diligent, all Irish are drunkards, all Italians are casanovas, all Mexicans are lazy, all Poles are stupid, etc. The average American probably thinks Korean women are submissive and sound like 8 year olds and that Korean guys are stick-thin nerds who are good at maths.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

I don't know. But for different people, they will have different opinion.

• 9 months ago

A burden and nothing but trouble.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

They can't be trusted.

• Darren9 months agoReport

I don’t trust anyone in the states.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

North or South? Americans have vastly different opinions depending on which.

• jack9 months agoReport

I was born in Seoul, South Korea.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.