Aren't the left and the Religious-right just two sides of the same coin?

Both want the state to control virtually every aspect of life.

Both view individual persons as undeserving to make their own personal decisions.

• 1 year ago

I think you are on the right path to understanding the situation. The Left began to sound like the Fundamentalist Christians during the Trump presidential campaign. That is the similarity. The Leftist Fundamentalism began, and every sin is counted against everybody (politicians and actors included), even some of their own have fallen.

But the Left isn't used to the weapon they have. They misfire it often. They got some aspects of fundamentalism down, they shun, they publicly accuse and thereby defame, they take any property or job and even wealth away with public blessings because they get so much approval for their trial-by- media crucible.

But that world is seedy. They find they must keep themselves from committing some to heresy, but MOST egregious of their newfound morality is that they have to be hypocrites! That is why they catch themselves fighting their own leaders at times. Sometimes they turn their heads away and pretend there is good reason for a violation. While other times they harm their own cause and commit to the destruction of lives from people who would otherwise be beneficial to them.

The Christian religion has been plagued by their own tendencies to tear themselves apart. Their message is legalistic. Fundamentalism demands rules to be followed that not a lot of people can actually keep. I think that is why the Democrats are going to harm themselves, the hypocrisy is unavoidable in a fundamentalist intolerant system.

Source(s): bisexual Christian
  • 1 year ago

Which aspects do the left want to control? I can give you list on the right.

• Business and finances. They want to state to control every inch of that sector.

• 1 year ago

No. The Religious Right is following the Teachings of Jesus given to us via the Holy Bible. These are literally the Words of God to us on how to live.

• The Bible is a book of ancient fairytales. Try again.

1 year ago

This is gonna sound a little weird, but I figured this out years ago when I used to troll the Gender Studies forum. I learned that feminists oppose porn and sex robots for the exact same reasons as fundamentalist Jerry Falwell christians.

As I dug into it a little more, I found the political similarities of the left wing and the religious right almost mirror one another.

• Same. I read that decades ago feminists and the religious-right would actually work together to spread anti-sex propaganda.

1 year ago

people with reasonable standards vs

dotheopposite crazy people.

• 1 year ago

Just as many religious Democrats as religious Republicans.

But politically they are two different coins.

Now even though both religious groups are more conservative, the left votes more liberal.

Religious Republicans do not want the state to control virtually every aspect of life.

Religious Republicans do not view individual persons as undeserving to make their own personal decisions.

Only the religious or atheist left wants government control, and no personal responsibility.

1 year ago

Only if you're talking about white people specifically

• 1 year agoReport

The white left is always bowing to the needs and expectations of whites on the right. They prioritize them because they genuinely want some sense of solidarity with them more than anyone else who actually aligns with them politically. There are non whites on either side who no one addresses really

• 1 year ago

Both sides are prime examples of the dunning-Kruger effect. They think they are so right all the time. They accept and deny fact based in accordance to there feelings.

1 year ago

I am Atheist and right-wing. What does that say about your argument?

• 1 year ago

What if i told you the left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird?