Kyle
Kyle asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 year ago

Will you continue to watch / own Marvel movies after End Game?

I know they will make more movies - and have Spiderman, GOTG 3, black panther, maybe a captain marvel sequel, and others in the works. but it'll be hard to watch them without the original Avengers cast like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow (unless her standalone comes out), etc.

I feel like they should have re aligned the storyline franchise to completely end with End Game and the defeat of Thanos.

what do you all think?

it's rumored that Iron Man and Captain America might make a fourth film each if the guys want to do it again. but that may not be a while and is just rumors, so who knows.

• 1 year ago

Yes. I think Spider-Man: Far From Home looks great, and I'm thrilled to see where things go for Black Panther, Doctor Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy. The Eternals also sounds pretty awesome.

• Kyle
      1 year agoReport

i also would like to see a DS sequel. i enjoyed the first one.

• 1 year ago

Absolutely! I have loved the entire series so far, and have bought most of them.

I don't care what happens in Endgame........I am well aware Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans want out............well, good riddance then.

I will never understand Actors who have a guaranteed paycheck, Worth MILLIONS, for as long as they want.......and decide to give up the role.

I understand Downey is getting a little long in the tooth......but Evans can play the role easily for a dozen more films. Thor is also bucking for more money......in a role that was practically written for him.

Just say yes to another script and you're guaranteed MILLIONS.........but they want to walk away.

well, I will go watch Dr. Strange and Guaradians of the Galaxy sequels then.

• Kyle
      1 year agoReport

some may want to work on other projects, and being in a MCU contract may not allow them to.

1 year ago

Of course. I'm 50 years old and have been reading comics since I was 14 years old. Change is the only constant in the world of comic books, and I expect nothing else from the movies. I look forward to seeing new characters as well as new takes on old characters over the years.

• 1 year ago

Well, one issue with running such a long franchise in terms of time is that actors both age, and sometimes may get tired of playing the same character over and over again. So, it's tough to guess how long the MCU can continue.

But, so far, the movies have been at least very good, running up to that's so awesome, so as long as they continue to make them, and as long as they keep the quality up (And, as some of the best ones have been among the more recent ones, this isn't a big worry for me), I'll be happy to go see them and get them on BluRay.

1 year ago

Yes - provided they keep them fun. Thor Ragnorak was a really funny movie.

I liked the Batman Series by Nolan, and Wonder Woman, but the rest of DC's movies are too dark for me. (Suicide Squad had SUCH potential, if they had just had more fun with it. As Joker says, "why... so... serious?")

• Kyle
      1 year agoReport

i never got into dceu either. besides Nolans trilogy, that's all i really watch. i only have Dark Knight in my collection. i didn't think the other two were that great.