zeno
Lv 7
zeno asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 year ago

Why do people believe wearing sweat pants and a sweat shirt at the gym takes Off weight? All it does is dehydrate you More.?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Julien
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Dehydrating yourself can make you lose a lot of weight. Of course you gain it back once you're rehydrated, but it takes some times and before that you could have the illusion that's you've instantaneously lost fat.

Also, there is I think a large body of scientific literature relating heat to a more catabolic state. This doesn't really mean it helps you to lose weight when you consider your whole day, it's more complicated, but it does amplify a bit the fat loss you'll have right during your gym session.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Bryce
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Wearing sweat pants and a sweat shirt would make me quickly overheat, and I would have to slow down.

• 1 year ago

If someone believe that, they probably think you can get abs in 3 weeks. No, it doesn’t. It’s more so for comfort. I wouldn’t want to wear jeans and a button up to work out, but rather something more comfortable. Working out in a specifically heated area though, that helps lose weight.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Studies show that an increased body temperature aids in fat loss.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • zeno
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Weight loss is 99% diet and 30 minutes of daily cardio work outs

On a bike or treadmill or running or aerobics. Weight lifting helps

But cardio is what causes the weight lose with the right beneficial

Natural foods diet. Beer, fast food, junk food and sodas only add

Weight to you even if your work out every day.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.