I’m 25 years old, is it too late to go to school to be a doctor ?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

West? It's normal for people to enter medical school at that age. For Asians though, they start much younger - like just out of college.

Your disadvantage would be the fact that your brain cells won't be as open to learning as when you were younger. Your advantage? You're more mature and will be able to sympathize better with your patients in the latter part of your training.

It's never too late. From where I am, we have septuagenarians who taking and passing the board. It's all about chasing "the dream", right?

• 9 months ago

It'll be slightly more difficult to get into the frame - but once there you will be fine.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Not exactly, with the right mind-set and the right education and the right focus you should be good to go, I'd suggest becoming a doctor, it's good to have people in this world who help with medical situations.

• 9 months ago

i think you are so let so dont try

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

No but know it will take a while

• 9 months ago

no.

• 9 months ago

Stop overthinking...

Just get going...

You can do it...

Go be great....

• 9 months ago

Not at all. I've known several people who started med school in their 30s. But you'll need excellent grades in your undergraduate work and you'll need to take the prerequisite science courses for medical school.

• 9 months ago

depends on how much money you have to fund the long training to be a doctor something like 7 or 8 years just to get to be a junior doctor

• Kaysibabes
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

A junior doctor is any medical graduate who is in further training and not yet qualified to practice independently without supervision. You could see a “junior doctor” in A&E, have them diagnose you, or put you under anaesthetic. On top of this, 5,000 of 34,000 GPs were junior doctors in March 2017

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Probably so. It’s not impossible. Not everyone are cut out for that profession. Why has it took you so long to decide on this career path?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.