Why is it that everyone in this modern society of ours thinks they deserve special treatment?

I was at the clinic today. A busy day apparently, the waiting room was full. The rule in such cases is that people go in in the order that they came unless it is something urgent. So we are all waiting patiently, and since i am still able bodied, i was standing so as not to take up a seat from the children and... show more I was at the clinic today. A busy day apparently, the waiting room was full.

The rule in such cases is that people go in in the order that they came unless it is something urgent. So we are all waiting patiently, and since i am still able bodied, i was standing so as not to take up a seat from the children and elderly. So i am standing there for an hour and a half waiting for my turn. And in comes this rather obese lady with her daughter who was about 14-15 years old. And since there were no free seats, they had to stand and wait.

Then finally my turn was about to come, but a family with two small children was let through because of the children. Fine, i can wait for a few more minutes, i think to myself. Then the obese lady literally shoves her way in front of the door, saying that she is next because she also has a child with her. I try to calmly explain to her that it is my turn next, and that we let the previous family through because they had two small children, while her daughter is a teenager. To which she flips out, starts cursing at me and calling me a "lowlife piece of **** covered in tattoos" and saying that she is surprised that i did not shove my way through the other family with children as well.

So the nurse shows up, and in order to calm the situation down, she lets us both in. Turns out the obese lady and her daughter were just there to get her daughter something for her face acne!

Unbelievable, disgusting and entitled behavior.