Kyle
Kyle asked in SportsBaseball · 1 year ago

do you think mike trout will break the all time home run record?

762 is the all time record.

Mike Trout is ONLY 26, and already has 240 home runs.

• 1 year ago

No. He needs to average 40 per season for the next 13 seasons. Comparing him to Aaron, throwing out their first years which were not full seasons, Aaron had 206 his first six seasons from 21 to 26, and Trout has 235 his first seven seasons from 20 to 26.

Aaron's next 13 seasons thru age 39, he hit 494. Trout needs 480 to get to the same point. Trout, the last two seasons, has missed a good number of games, and that's something Aaron didn't see until he was 36. I think Trout's durability over that long a period is at issue. Barring career-threatening issues, he will get to 500, possibly 600, but I do not think he will get to 700.

• 1 year ago

it's possible

• 1 year ago

Since the past and current Angels have little or no other decent hitters to support Trout, pitchers will continue to pitch around him. His HRs will come due to pitcher mistakes. Compare his RBIs vs. Aaron's and the others - his are likely lower at this point of 240 hrs.

• 1 year ago

When Trout signs his extension he's going to have at least 14 years (including this year) in MLB, assuming he doesn't suffer a debilitating injury or decide he's tired of cashing those huge paychecks.

He's averaging 37 homers per 162 games played so if he continues to play 155-160 games per season for 14 years he'd come up short of Hammerin' Hank's (legitimate) record by about 13 homers.

Of course he won't play 155-160 games for the next 14 years because players are more injury-prone as they age and they need time off to rest and recharge.

You need only to look at the Angels roster to see a perfect example of this in Albert Pujols. Pujols was averaging 40 homers a season when he bolted St. Louis at age 34, and he's only averaged 27 homers a year since arriving in LA.

I'm even going to say that Trout won'r reach 700 homers for his career. He's not a muscle bound goon -- like Judge, Stanton, or Harper -- who swings for the fences every at bat. Home runs aren't Trout's ultimate goal...being a complete player is.

1 year ago

Nope. Mike Trout will hit the wall before he even breaks the All-Time Home Run record. Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds were way much better than Trout and Tea.

• David
    1 year ago

Ask me if he gets to 750.

• Bob
    1 year ago

No I don't think he will.

1 year ago

I doubt it. At some point he will hit the wall. Which is also why I think it's crazy the Angels are throwing away over $400 million to sign him.

• Alice
    1 year ago

I always thought Pujols would, or even A Fraud.

I'm going to say no. Trout would need to hit 52+ homers every year for the next 10 years just to tie the record. And he's only topped 40 in a season once.

• 1 year ago

I'd bet against it.