goring
goring asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 months ago

If socialism worked in France for health care, can the USA l parties do the same for heath care and helping the poor immigrants?

We have different laws than France does. Many French doctors make barely above $100,000. An American doctor may require at least four more years of education and training which means four less years of earning. An American pays much more for a doctor's credentials. Most important - many American doctors pay more in liability insurance than French doctors make in a year. We are sue-happy in America.

Sure if you want to pay a LOT more taxes "The high quality of the French healthcare system comes with a price tag. Employed residents in France have to pay a considerable amount in taxes (social security) to shoulder the costs of healthcare in France. This is perhaps a burden to those who don’t require as much medical attention as others."

• Lili

European countries have various types of health-care systems. They can be described as "soft socialist". We already have some "soft-socialist" programs in the US, and Medicare is among them. Expanding Medicare to cover all citizens is one option people have suggested.

Or we could do as some other countries do. Something like the French system is a possibility.

France is experiencing nation wide riots and protests . Not what I would call a system that is " working " .

• Mimi

France burns every Saturday, and is choking the atmosphere with toxins because of it. I don't want America to commit such atrocities.

• #MeToo

Anything is possible

It works for Israel. They have a lot of immigrants.

Stayed with a few Ethiopian Jews while there.

France uses a combination of public and private health care and insurance to provide universal health care.

Derp. Lolz

• Lili

Integration is correct, and since I used to live in France, I can quite easily find it on a map. I also speak French -- and German and Italian -- so I've had a lot of conversations on this subject with French friends and colleagues.