Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 9 months ago

Why do people continue to make stupid education choices and go into 200k into debt for a useless degree?

Like what the hell are you people even thinking? 200,000 in debt for a degree in anthropology? What the hell are you smoking.... Did you even research what jobs you can get with a bachelors in anthropology? These are serious life changing choices and you go 200,000 in debt for.. and you can't even take 30 minuites to research what you want to do with your life. Some people are literally clueless... and it makes me sad. Student loan debt is serious business, it's not just a game

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago
    Best answer

Stupid people are desperate to get a piece of paper that claims they are smart. Money is no object.

Some people like to wave their degree around in people's faces. Llewen does that.

• Big Mouth
      Lv 6
      9 months agoReport

*shushes the kingdom peasants and demands they bow down before her*

• Everyone wants the highest degree quality nowadays especially due to increased competition globally. So i would say yeah, they would think they would repay their debt after getting a degree and securing a job.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Liberal Arts degrees do pay off. It's a proven fact. According to Forbes, Business degrees are the ones that are a waste of money. And so much of the IT sector is offshored that IS and CS degrees aren't worth a lot.

• 9 months ago

Anthropology has it's uses. Now getting a degree in Gender studies or Ethnic studies is a waste of 200k.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Remember when HuffPo laid off a part of their staff. One of them took to Twitter, asking if anyone had a job for someone with a degree in romantic comedies.

I imagine she had offers aplenty.

• 9 months ago

If you want a career in that field what's the point in studying civil engineering.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

follow the money. just like examining any other white collar crime, follow the money and you will find the answer.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.