Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentFood Service · 2 years ago

Poll: Have you ever answered back a rude customer and what's the best thing you've said back at them?

• 1 year ago

A customer asked me if we where going to open any registers as I was going to lunch and I told her No and went away.

• Sparky

Yes, but not overly rude.

Just something like "I'm sorry that you feel that way" or "If you're going to keep asking me questions and talking over me when I attempt to answer you, I have more important things to do".

• JJ

The customer is always right, they pay your wage.

I have not, its a lose situation either way.

The return department assistant was going on and on why I was not entitled to a refund - even given that I had the receipt and everything was still boxed, I had bought a duplicate in error.

At one point I interrupted her and said, " Has anyone ever told you that you are inebriated with the exuberance of your own verbosity? I'll wait while you look these words up, after which I would like to speak to your manager".

I got my refund.

Never reward an rude employee or business owner by paying them money to be treated like garbage.

Tell everyone you know not to shop there.

Rude, disrespectful employees choose to have attitude problems fine.

Just remember many will....

Vote against doubling minimum wage

Yes. "Have a nice day." (I said it real snarky like.)

• Plenty of times. I work retail and as a barista.

I had a guy whistle repeatly for me once. After just ignoring his behavior at first, I approached and told him that I wasn't a dog or his bìtch and to come ask appropriately if he needed help.

Yes I once told a woman to say it to a mirror after she tried insulting me.

Yep I work at a supermarket stacking shelves (at least for now, until I complete school and college). I once had a lady rage at one of my female coworkers who came and hugged me after not seeing me for a long time. She was just like "ARE YOU TWO OKAY OR ARE YOU GOING TO HELP ME LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO?!?!?!". I was just like, "We're really well, thanks for your enquiries". Long story short, she asked me to get the manager for being a smart alec. The manager took our side and told her that she had no right to be so rude and entitled and that she was causing an unnecessary scene. She just dumped all her stuff and left.