Hypothetically speaking, if Mr. Rogers was an atheist, and Bill Cosby is a God-fearing Christian, who is worse?

Given the fact that "religious beliefs" are never asked on a job application, as opposed to "felonies/convictions," I'm wondering what should really be factored here. I mean, if an employer was down to two applicants such as Rogers and Cosby, wouldn't it make more sense to hire Rogers? ... show more Given the fact that "religious beliefs" are never asked on a job application, as opposed to "felonies/convictions," I'm wondering what should really be factored here. I mean, if an employer was down to two applicants such as Rogers and Cosby, wouldn't it make more sense to hire Rogers? Even though atheists are generally frowned upon, having a clean criminal record will still pay off in the long run. Whereas, a Christian with a criminal background will have a lot of doors closed on them. So... exactly what constitutes messing up your life: not believing in God, or being in prison? Religious beliefs are simply thoughts, as well as praying and going to church. So is an Atheist really that bad of a person for not doing that while giving money to the poor, helping the elderly across the street, giving up their seat on the train for the disabled/pregnant, and staying out of trouble?