Can I buy things online and ship them directly to the post office instead of my house ? (Clothing items)?

I wanna buy clothes online for my boyfriend, but I don’t want them shipping to my house because I want it to be a surprise. My question might sound stupid but can I just put the post office address instead of mine and just go there and ask for it by giving the tracking number or package number ? Since the clothing items I buy gets sent to them anyway and then they bring it to my house ..no rude comments please I’m just curious and not sure if that works, I wanted to call and ask but I thought I’d ask on here first. :)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • MS
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Only if you have a post office box there.

Why don't you see about shipping it to a friend or family member instead?

• 9 months ago

A PO box would work, but not really cost effective for you. Why not ask them to pack as a gift, ie Non-see through package or a small box depending on what you are ordering.

• 9 months ago

Only if you have a PO Box - you can't just things posted there.

• 9 months ago

Clothes is not a good surprise. It is not a good idea to hide it either. just ship it directly to your place. there is no need to hide something so petty.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

It depends on where you are. Here in the UK, sometimes if you order something from Amazon, you can "collect locally" and I usually try to get it sent to my local post office. There is also "collect +" where there are certain shops (such as Tourist information offices), where you can collect parcels.

https://www.collectplus.co.uk/store-locator?v=2

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

You'd probably have to rent a P.O. Box for the post office to hold your stuff. Consider instead one of the drop box pickup systems that many shippers now use.

• 9 months ago

You can rent a post office box from the post office and have things sent to it. Some companies won't ship to post office box numbers, though.

• 9 months ago

No, I don't think so. You can have them shipped to a friend's house instead though.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.