Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 9 months ago

Why do bus drivers stop at bus stops when there aren’t any passengers getting on or off?

Been happening a lot to me lately where the bus driver would pull over at a bus stop and we would just sit there for several minutes. They say it’s to make sure the buses are sticking to schedule but most the time the buses were already running very late and are further delaying it. There’s been times where I’ve been late for work because the driver decides to idle for a while and plays on his phone. One passengers told the driver to get a move on since I think everyone on my bus was late for wherever it was they are going. Drivers should only stop and wait if they are ahead of schedule not when they are 10 minutes behind schedule. Also my bus route runs once every 30 thins and 1 hour on weekends.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

if the bus ahead is behind schedule they have to keep a constant gap or you end up with a convoy of buses with only the first one picking up passengers or they leap frog each other

• 9 months ago

Because it’s their job.

• 9 months ago

They could be looking for stragglers. They may have a policy that they have to stop and wait a few seconds.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

IT is their job to stop, they have a time table to keep and if they do not stop they will be ahead of this time table and be at stops before they should be there. TRY THINKING ABOUT IT!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

A lot of time, when you see this....it's because they are ahead of their schedule and must just wait for a few minutes before leaving....because, if they get to the next stop too early - people could miss the bus.

• 9 months ago

it stay on time for each stop

• 9 months ago

They have to keep to the time table.

• don r
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

To keep from outrunning their schedule. Also just in case there are passengers they didn't see or didn't signal needing to get off. If your driver lagged behind schedule and made you late you need to report them to the company. Otherwise catch an earlier bus.

• 9 months ago

If you've ever noticed, there are signs telling when a bus is SCHEDULED to be at your stop. If they don't stop at every stop, it screws up the schedule.

• 9 months ago

They do it to annoy passengers. Life as a bus driver is very boring if there isn't a bus load of passengers moaning at them all the time.

That's one of the joys of being a truck driver, the cargo never moans no matter how late you are.

• Jeff
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

unless the cargo are slaves

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.