Why do bus drivers stop at bus stops when there aren’t any passengers getting on or off?

Been happening a lot to me lately where the bus driver would pull over at a bus stop and we would just sit there for several minutes. They say it’s to make sure the buses are sticking to schedule but most the time the buses were already running very late and are further delaying it. There’s been times where I’ve... show more Been happening a lot to me lately where the bus driver would pull over at a bus stop and we would just sit there for several minutes. They say it’s to make sure the buses are sticking to schedule but most the time the buses were already running very late and are further delaying it. There’s been times where I’ve been late for work because the driver decides to idle for a while and plays on his phone. One passengers told the driver to get a move on since I think everyone on my bus was late for wherever it was they are going. Drivers should only stop and wait if they are ahead of schedule not when they are 10 minutes behind schedule. Also my bus route runs once every 30 thins and 1 hour on weekends.