Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 9 months ago

Do you believe in fate?

I believe in both fate and choice.

• Luke

How can both exist at once?

Kind of

no I am Not Believe

yes both fate and destiny

• Anonymous9 months agoReport

angel here is my gmail id - pariharg478@gmail.com
      you can email me :)

• Mike W

Don't know if I believe in fate, but there is the trap of the self fulfilling prophecy.

If you mean is something predetermined, then NO. That has a supernatural feel about it.

It is a series of cause and effect. Accidents, are the result of nature or human misplanning.

Maybe.

Not even slightly. I believe that EVERYTHING that happens to you is due to one (or more), of the following 4 factors

1. Your actions

2. The actions of others

3. Random chance

4. The laws of the universe

Yes and no.

I'm not passive and fatalistic, I think things happen because we MAKE them happen, not because they're fated to happen. WE are in control of our lives, for better or worse. In this world you must do or be done to.

On the other hand, some things are impossible and you shouldn't beat your heat against the wall trying to do the impossible. I don't see that as 'fate', but as the laws of nature.

You know the old 'prayer' they use in Alcoholics Anonymous, asking for the serenity to accept things that can't be changed, the courage to change things that can be change, and the wisdom to know the difference. It's like a drunk man riding a horse--he can fall off either side, the art is in balancing.

• robert2020

Right. One third planning. One third mishaps or accidents. One third things that can't be changed.

Such as growing old.

Not really, but I might be "fated" to want to answer so many of these questions.