john asked in Science & MathematicsChemistry · 8 months ago

Will my skin be fine if I shower with boiling hot water but moisture after?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Absolutely not.

• 8 months ago

NO

Do not do this

Moisturiser will NOT help

• 8 months ago

Any temperate above 120 F is going to burn your skin, which will blister and kill it. Maybe even lower, if you have sensitive skin in some areas. Even 110 F for 25 minutes will damage your skin, but it *should* recover. For most people, a temperature above 106 F is painful.

If your skin becomes red or flushed, the temperature is too high! Best for most people is between 95 and 105 F, but some people do better with cooler.

• Who
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

if you shower with boiling water you wont care-

cos you will either have no skin (only blisters where the skin will eventually die off leaving scars)

or you will be dead

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

I would be astonished if it was fine after exposure to scalding no matter what you did afterward.

• 8 months ago

you will have 2nd or 3rd degree burns all over, which will be very very painful. Dumb idea.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Well if you say boiling as in very very hot shower water from the tap then it's fine but if you mean literal boiling hot water from a kettle that is 100 degrees Celsius, think again.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

well... define your ideology of boiling water... literal boiling water obviously will melt your skin.. moisturizing your bones wont help...

If you are gonna shower with hot water, like i do. You'll be fine, after moisturizing

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

No boiling is too hot I think it will scold you

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.