Whats up with some people being so in favor of illegal immigration?

My grandparents were from Portugal and they came to the USA LEGALLY. They did it the LEGAL way, they got their papers and everything way back then, which Im assuming must have not been a simple process for them. So I dont understand why some people are so in favor of being okay with illegal immigration, almost... show more My grandparents were from Portugal and they came to the USA LEGALLY. They did it the LEGAL way, they got their papers and everything way back then, which Im assuming must have not been a simple process for them. So I dont understand why some people are so in favor of being okay with illegal immigration, almost turning into a racist thing? Like "Oh you dont want illegals here? You're racist." Um no, its illegal immigration. Theres a right way to do it, and a wrong way to do it.

Its not like my grandparents had jobs lined up before they came here. It was hard. But they still did it the right way. Also, I personally cannot imagine wanting to go to a country illegally. Just think about how terrifying that would be to put yourself in such a predicament. That's just not smart at all!