Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 9 months ago

Whats up with some people being so in favor of illegal immigration?

My grandparents were from Portugal and they came to the USA LEGALLY. They did it the LEGAL way, they got their papers and everything way back then, which Im assuming must have not been a simple process for them. So I dont understand why some people are so in favor of being okay with illegal immigration, almost turning into a racist thing? Like "Oh you dont want illegals here? You're racist." Um no, its illegal immigration. Theres a right way to do it, and a wrong way to do it.

Its not like my grandparents had jobs lined up before they came here. It was hard. But they still did it the right way. Also, I personally cannot imagine wanting to go to a country illegally. Just think about how terrifying that would be to put yourself in such a predicament. That's just not smart at all!

The Democrats are using the illegal aliens to stay in power by having them counted the same as citizens for the purpose of allocating seats in the US House of Representatives. Realize there are between 22 and 30 MILLION illegals in the USA and they are concentrated in Blue states. It means seats either get reallocated to the Blue states with each Census, or the Blue states at least don't lose seats if they are experiencing an outflow of US citizen residents (which is happening in California).

Your point is exactly why legal immigrants & their descendants are so strenuously opposed to illegal aliens, visa/immigration law violators. Every last one of these lawbreakers is a deep & abiding insult to every law-abiding immigrant & citizen. Support candidates for public offices who likewise strenuously oppose illegal immigration - which eliminates most Democrats, and some Republicans.

There is no legal way for year-round farm workers to do it. All ways of coming are illegal for year-round farm workers. Coming illegally is the ONLY way that they can come. They don't want to come to the U.S. illegal, but they have to, because there is no other way.

And the U.S. needs them to come. It cannot produce enough food without them.

If it weren't illegal immigration it would be abortion or military spending or any of the other stated positions our two major political parties like to fight over. The subject matter doesn't really factor in, just that the two sides must take the polar opposite positions so they have something to stump about during campaigns. This issue is just another on a long list of things elected officials use to "energize the base". That it involves real people on both sides of the argument doesn't matter to those whose sole motivation is power.

Nothing to say really, guess you answered your own question.

• Maxi

When a country like the USA where being illegal to be 'OK' it becomes the accepted normal , as the USA 'allows' illegals to rent a property, work , go to school, use medical care and as they also have birth citizenship their illegal parents claim benefits for their US off spring, so the USA normalises being an illegal and when something is normalised into any society many people just accept it ......... being a racist has zero to do with not wanting illegals in the country, illegals can be any race, it only becomes racist is you only target one race of illegal people, Mexicans are the biggest illegal issue in the USA but being Mexican is not a race different from many Americans

If you were in charge of a lifeboat that could hold 40 people ,with room for 10 more --- and there were hundreds of people still in the water -- would you simply let them all try and climb aboard.?

Thanks to uncontrolled world population growth and global warming -- that's the position we are in.

It's mostly just a "Resist Trump" thing. Also there are some DemocRATs that know those people move to cities and States with immigrant friendly policies. That will give those liberal States more population. More population gives them more representatives in the House, and more electoral votes.

My parents were born in southern Europe.

My father lived in the US for most of his life, he's even buried here. He never complained about politics and paid all his taxes but he never became a US citizen either.

He forgot to renew his papers once and immigration showed up at our door ... He had blond hair so you'll never convince me this is about racism.

You need laws to maintain order, it's that simple.

People do desperate things in desperate situations. Just put yourself in their shoes. Living in war torn countries and poverty, you family, neighbours, friends are dying all around you. You want a better life for yourself, your kids etc. what would you do, would you just stand back and wait to die and for all the ones you love to be killed, tortured etc. Sometimes it’s not easy to get her legally so they have to take the more dangerous option. If these people weren’t desperate, do you really think they would go to extremes. I understand some aren’t genuine refugees but the majority are. These are human lives.

• Crystal

Again I don’t know much about the Mexico, US dynamics. I’m not agreeing or disagreeing coz I can’t say much on something I don’t truly know about. So I won’t say anymore.