Is it wrong for me to ask my boyfriend to consider me when choosing a career?

Hi! So my boyfriend and I have been dating for around 6 months now, but we have been close friends for over a year. He does not know what he wants to do for a career, but he seems to be moving towards being a cop. I, however, am ambivalent about this. I am worried. I worry about the danger, the time away from home,... show more Hi! So my boyfriend and I have been dating for around 6 months now, but we have been close friends for over a year. He does not know what he wants to do for a career, but he seems to be moving towards being a cop. I, however, am ambivalent about this. I am worried. I worry about the danger, the time away from home, the freaky schedules, and the stress that it will put on him. I am also worried about starting a family when we are older. We have both discussed marriage and having kids later, but I’m very worried about how we will have a strong family relationship (which I have always dreamed of) if he is gone all the time. I know it’s feasible, but I still worry. Is it wrong of me to ask him to consider me and my desires when choosing a career? He is a Police Cadet right now, so it is not guaranteed that he will be a cop, and he’s not exactly sure that is where he will end up, so is it wrong to ask him if this? If this had been his dream career ever since he was a child, I would never even consider, but because this is more of a recent occurance, I don’t feel as bad? I would do it in a heartbeat for him, but I’m concerned that he wouldn’t for me. Any thoughts?