Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 months ago

if life is a gift, why do people use drugs to cope and commit suicide?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Society has degraded to a place where people are not valued for who they are and the beauty they bring to Earth when they are born. Greedy men have changed it to place where people are misled into believing that their value is based on what they can do for corporations. People are dreadfully unhappy in this dark enchantment over Earth. They're also dreadfully lonely. Drugs are to numb the pain. Suicide is to make it stop.

Most people don't understand that this dimension is for separating negative and positive conscious energy. Awesome beautiful people and horrible monsters coexist. People choose which they will be then pass on to the place where they belong. Outside of this dimension, positive and negative energy are separate.

Consciousness is a form of energy. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed because the presence of energy with what defines the space that is existence. We have always been. We will always be so people that want to be evil get to go be evil in their own place. People that don't want evil get to be where there is no evil. Everything works out in the end. You'll see. Life is a gift but it's complicated to understand. Reaching that level is called achieving enlightenment.

Source(s): Beyond Religion by M. Henry, on Amazon
  • 9 months ago

Some people try to return gifts because they just don't fit properly. The problem, of course, is that there is no exchange policy for that particular gift.

Given the hatred demonstrated by so many people against so many other people, it is a small wonder that MORE people don't take that way out. Look, for example, how Christian families disown gay children. Being gay isn't a choice (despite what the religious types think), so the kids get tossed out on their keisters by parents who have no love in their hearts, only icicles. Happened to more than one of my friends. But my wife and I love our gay daughter just like we love our straight kids.

If people would bother to actually FORGIVE others for being imperfect, maybe there would be less of a drug problem and a suicide problem.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

A gift of choice.

• 9 months ago

Life is not a gift, it is a process.

People use drugs to cope because that is what society encourages. After all, coffee, cigs and booze (the most common coping drugs and the biggest killers) are sold in most shops.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

While life is a gift, the world where we live our lives can be full of pain and suffering hence causing thoughts that death is a better choice. Of course, I'm not promoting suicide but we should also put such circumstances along with its pretext and context.

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Life is tough and then you die - however, life is still a precious gift.

Everybody suffers. There is no such thing as a happy childhood. We are a competitive species with a hierarchical society. We struggle to achieve our place in society, and life doesn't get any easier if you're at the top of the ladder.

Nonetheless, we are always able to response graciously to our trials. We can always forgive those who hurt us, and bless those who want to do us harm. That seems to be the teachings of Jesus and Buddha. When we make our lives a blessing to others we realize that the real gift in life is love.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

cause they dont see it as a gift with all the stuff theyve had to go thru

• 9 months ago

Some gifts are White Elephants....

It is said that, when a maharajah wanted to bring a subject into line, he would give them the gift of a white elephant. White elephants don't do the normal work of an elephant, but still require to be fed and cared for, especially when the maharajah asked about it. So, the cost was extremely high to keep the elephant in reasonable condition, and with no return for the cost.

So, use the parable ...

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Life is also hard and boring

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Life is far from easy, I’m not far from a mental breakdown, unless you’re rich you can’t afford proper help even in England it’s the same, I need help, going to be waiting months on end and can’t afford private care.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.