Why do people like dogs so much?

Dogs are so annoying. My family bought a sheepdog puppy about 4 years ago and all she does is eat mud in the backyard, rip things apart, bark at every moving object 24/7, and she doesnt learn jack. Weve spent thousands of dollars trying to get her trained. I cant understand why people enjoy having dogs around. Our... show more Dogs are so annoying. My family bought a sheepdog puppy about 4 years ago and all she does is eat mud in the backyard, rip things apart, bark at every moving object 24/7, and she doesnt learn jack. Weve spent thousands of dollars trying to get her trained. I cant understand why people enjoy having dogs around. Our family may not be very knowledgable about the training process and have trouble with it, but even then, if dogs are so much work to take care of and teach why do people obsess over them? Animals (especially dogs) are just living for food and its obvious. They will choose begging over anything. From my experience with this dog, they are even worse than toddlers. Sure they may be cute and fun to cuddle but its not worth it in my opinion. So why are they do glorified? My boyfriend loves dogs and wants one of his own when we live together, so im trying my best to fix this problem and understand. (he also has a little dog that i think is so ugly. All it does is take peoples food and yap. but hes so in love with it. why?)
24 answers 24