Is it possible to pass legislation nationwide banning property taxes?

I'm asking because such a tax in my state and others are a burden and getting out of control and is forcing people to move out because of over taxation. Seems to me, you should be able to buy a property, pay sales tax that is divided out through the duration of the loan and when or if you are lucky to pay off... show more I'm asking because such a tax in my state and others are a burden and getting out of control and is forcing people to move out because of over taxation. Seems to me, you should be able to buy a property, pay sales tax that is divided out through the duration of the loan and when or if you are lucky to pay off your property then you don't owe a dime.

Its bullshit my taxes keep going up and can't win a protest for them to be lowered. I feel like I got a good deal on my house now will have to refinance because of property taxes unfairly going up. The elderly here in many cases are forced to sell their home, move into an apartment but apartment rent is out of control because of property taxes thus rent has to go up.