Act of dominance?

I'm a babysitter and I was going to stay overnight at the house I work at (50hrs a week one night because it was Saturday and 12am). When I got there the parents said it was fine I could stay the night. I did not feel welcomed or fine. One thing the dad did that made me feel unwelcomed was this: he sat right... show more I'm a babysitter and I was going to stay overnight at the house I work at (50hrs a week one night because it was Saturday and 12am). When I got there the parents said it was fine I could stay the night. I did not feel welcomed or fine. One thing the dad did that made me feel unwelcomed was this: he sat right down in the same spot I was just sat in. So they have 4 couches and I was sat in the one next to the TV. I got up to get something and the dad sat right on the same spot I was in. So I just stood by the front of the house for 10 mins and when he got up I sat on the couch across from him and he didn't sit back down. "Stealing" my seat to me felt like his way of saying, "this is my home ur not welcomed here". I called my cousin to pick me up .
2 answers 2