IMAGINE. Girl next-door is raped. You're about to call the police. HER parents say DON'T. "This is none of your business!" What do you do?

• John P

I would respect the wishes of the parents.

But I would make notes of what I saw happening, and the time and date it happened, so that if the police asked me later I could give well-presented evidence.

I'd call them anyway.

But we don't know the whole story. Unless you actually KNOW she was indeed raped, it would be wrong to claim she was.

But it wouldn't be wrong to phone the police, without advertising the fact to the parents, and just tell them what you DO know, and that you're concerned. The police will know how to handle it from then on.

Call them anyway please call police thanks.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) General knowledge.

Um. I'd call the f*cking police! Duh!

What I'd like to know is how her parents knew you would call.

Call the police regardless.

• GEEGEE

Would depend on how I found out she was raped, and what details I knew, if any.

I think it would depend on circumstances. Did you witness it? Are the people trying to cover it up because they were complicit? Etc.

They might want to kill the rapist without the cops knowing about the rape. A lot of people don't want police involved. I'd say the parents think reporting it will bring shame to the family.

Spray the entire house with bear mace